Welcome to OCA

IT Startups Major / Drone Technology Major / Super Game Creator Major / Super CG and Digital Image Creation Major / CG Creator Major / Game Graphics & Character Major / Game Programmer Major / E-sports Professional Gamer Major / E-sports Event Planning and Management Major / E-sports Management Major / Illustration and Graphic Design Major / Net Video Creator Major / Scenario and Contents Planning Major / Comic Illustration & Manga Major / Animation Major

Learn to thrive in Japan

Acquire the skills that help you succeed in the creative industries in Japan.
Learn Japanese, receive expertise and technique training,
and acquire the skills to handle any on-site demand.

Become an expert in any one of the 15 fields available.

At OCA, learn the skills to help you succeed in a variety of areas that include games and IT, media design, manga (Japanese comics) and anime, and e-sports. Each field is specialized to provide expert knowledge and techniques necessary to succeed in each industry.

Acquire field adaptability through experience-based education.

At OCA, we place value on giving students the experience of professional work while still studying. Experience-based education gives the graduate practical tools to use in their work.

Elevate your Japanese language skills

When looking for work in Japan, you will need to know technical terms in addition to being able to carry on a casual conversation. Being around Japanese students and other exchange students will help you naturally acquire Japanese skills.

The OCA Osaka College of Design and Information Technology is certified
by the Osaka Regional Immigration Bureau as a Proper School.

In a proper school certified by the Osaka Regional Immigration Bureau, the student is permitted 2 years of residence as an exchange student. That means the student is free from renewing their status of residence while studying during those two years, allowing them to concentrate on their studies. A school with proper enrollment control of exchange students receives a Proper School certification. International students who enroll directly from abroad have much less paperwork to submit when applying for a certificate of eligibility (COE) for resident status.

JIKEI Gakuen COM Group

These are the home countries and regions of OCA exchange students.

  • USA
  • Australia
  • South Korea
  • China
  • Vietnam
  • Thailand
  • Mongolia
  • Malaysia
  • Taiwan
  • Brazil
  • Indonesia
  • Hong Kong
  • France
  • Sweden
  • Cyprus
  • Turkey
  • Egypt
  • Italy

Introduction of Majors

Develop skills to thrive in Japan, with the ability to navigate through 5 Fields and experience-based curriculum in 15 majors.


IT Technology Field

Learn about state-of-the-art technologies alongside programming and business skills necessary to succeed in the IT industry. At OCA, we are creating highly skilled and formidable professionals and engineers to meet the IT and global demands of the future.

IT Startups Major [4-year Course] / Drone Technology Major [4-year Course]

Game IT Digital World

Game CG Field

Aim to become a specialist in the world of games by focusing on a specific area: game-production programming, planning, game Artificial Intelligence, acquire white hacker skills and other expertise, and learn how to create a game worldview through graphic and character design.

Super Game Creator Major [4-year Course] / Super CG and Digital Image Creation Major [4-year Course] / Game Graphics & Character Major / CG Creator Major / Game Programmer Major

E-sports Field

We help cultivate managers who take care of professional e-sports gamers, professional game teams, and specialists who can develop competitions and events.

E-sports Management Major[4-year Course] / E-sports Professional Gamer Major / E-sports Event Planning and Management Major

Media Design World

Digital Design Field

At OCA, we aim to create specialists in all major fields of game creation, from technical expertise such as programming/planning and CG skills, to visual conception of the game’s world with graphic and character designs.

Illustration and Graphic Design Major / Net Video Creator Major

Manga (Japanese Comics) /Anime Field

Study manga (Japanese comics), anime, illustration or the art of writing light novels. OCA helps guide every student toward their debut. Many of OCA’s graduates have successfully broken into careers in creative industries.

Scenario and Contents Planning Major [4-year Course] / Comic Illustration & Manga Major / Animation Major

Path to enrollment


Enrollment entries

When applying in Japan, use one of the followings to make an entry: Admissions office entry, preferential treatment from affiliated schools or designated Japanese language schools, and general entry. When applying from abroad, use the pre-departure enrollment permit system and take the “examination for Japanese university admission”.


Enrollment selection

Once received, an entry is reviewed in the order that it is received. Applicants may take trial classes or attend a briefing on the day of. During face-to-face interviews, you will be asked about your goals and your choice of occupation. This is not intended as a time to review your past grades, or your specific knowledge or skills in connection to the majors offered at the school. As for the selection date, the admissions office will directly call the applicant after the application is received.


Enrollment notification

After about 10 days following the interview, the selected applicant will receive a letter of acceptance.
Note: this is to offer proof of selection. (We will not respond to phone calls or emails regarding the selection status of an applicant.)


Submit an application form

Fill out and mail the application form.
The form can be brought in person. (If mailing, send as registered mail.)


After receipt of acceptance letter, proceed to enrollment

The letter of acceptance will be mailed about 10 days from the day of selection. Please follow the enrollment procedure outlined in the documents.
Applicants who have completed the process will receive an enrollment permit, followed by information for new students, and a guide on educational material expenses.

Offering full job-finding and debut support

We will help realize your dreams with access to many job offers and enhanced support.
We offer seminars and private sessions on basic conduct in a business setting or during interviews.
Our extensive experience and connections to the Jikei group open doors to potential job opportunities in Tokyo and elsewhere in the country.

Employment rate

*2020 results
  • Number of job offers
    in the creative industries
  • Job opening to
    application ratio

Joint briefing

Every year, more than 200 companies, including top-level corporations in the industry, visit our school. Students get a chance to attend any one or several of the informational briefings held by the companies. They can get an evaluation of their portfolio or career advice from creators they admire. These are tremendous opportunities unique to our school, only made possible by our thick school-to-industry pipeline. Students can have multiple meetings with companies in one day.

Career Center

When we support our students in their search for the right job, we consider their personality, how they match up with different companies, and their dreams for the future. In addition to being a resource for job offers, the center offers advice from career counselors, help with exam strategies, and give mock interviews and other types of training. Furthermore, even after students graduate, they can receive job transfer or job opening information, career path counseling, skills development support and other forms of assistance to boost their career.


Our internship system is a collaboration between the industries and the OCA. If you have any doubts about whether the job you want really suits you, or that you can thrive in the company of your choice, students can spend a month at the company under an internship program. Students experience real work while a student at OCA, with the goal of acquiring immediately applicable skills for the workplace.

Getting a diploma

A diploma certifies that you have acquired the skills, capability and knowledge in a particular field. In a state-certified technical school, a diploma is conferred upon students who have completed at least 2 years of study and have put in over 1,700 hours required to complete a course. Graduates will be given a degree at their graduation. If working in Japan after graduating, students can get a working visa for any one of the following areas: education, skill, or humanities/international business.

Unlimited use of the latest facilities

Students have access to professional-grade equipment.
We provide a safe and comfortable environment for students so they can concentrate on their studies and chase their dreams.

Game Programming Room

Acquire all basics in programming and C++ through to design and planning. Learn 3D programming and game creation for various mobile apps and devices using Unreal Engine and Unity Pro.

Mac Room

The Mac is the most common system in the design world. We will use programs like Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Flash to create posters for advertisements or design websites.

e-sports Room

CG and Animation Room

Video Editing Room

Trace Room

Preliminary Sketch Room

Green Screen Studio

Digital Illustration Room

YouTuber Studio


Rooftop Terrace

Career Center


Each private room houses one student, and is equipped with all the necessities: a bath, toilet, kitchen, air conditioning, refrigerator, washing machine, TV, telephone, bed, system desk, a shoe rack and lighting equipment. All you need is a futon (a comforter) and personal belongings (we lease futons). Students are served balanced nutritious meals. The dormitory has a dorm head and a dorm mother. Extra tight security restricts dorm entry only to students. Being a Jikei School Group dormitory, fees and key deposits normally required for room leasing are waived. The dorm is shared by other Jikei School Group students, which gives people a chance to meet students from different areas of study.

The Keiseikai Clinic, an affiliated clinic

The clinic supports the health of each student. As the primary care clinic dedicated to mental and physical health of the students, we encourage students to drop in any time for consultation. When getting treatment covered by health insurance at Keiseikai Clinic (internal medicine/dentistry), the medical expenses will be deducted from the health-care management fee, so please make an appointment without concern. Medical exams can be done for internal and dental care, and annual health checkups are held.


What type of certification does the diploma (3-year course) / high level diploma (4-year course) offer?
A diploma (3-year course) and high level diploma (4-year course) certify that you have acquired the skills, capability and knowledge in a particular field. In a state-certified technical school, a diploma (3-year course) is conferred upon students who have completed at least 2 years of study and have put in over 1,700 hours required to complete a course. Graduates of any 3-year major course at OCA will be given a diploma at their graduation.
In a state-certified technical school, a high level diploma (4-year course) is conferred upon students who have completed at least 4 years of study and have put in over 3,400 hours required to complete a course. Graduates of any 4-year major course at OCA will be given a high level diploma at their graduation. In Japan, high level diploma graduates are attributed the same or higher academic recognition as a 4-year university graduate, and are eligible to sit exams for entry into post-graduate colleges and universities.
Can I work in Japan?
Foreign students with a diploma or high level diploma who has satisfied all the conditions — such as acquiring skills that correspond to the work at the target company — a work visa can be obtained. However, visas for some types of jobs can be difficult to obtain. Please contact Jikei COM International center for more information.
After I graduate, can I transfer to a university?
“As long as you complete the 2-year study and 1,700 class hour minimums, satisfy other conditions and pass the entrance exam, you are able to transfer to a university.
*Some universities do not accept students who have not completed the 2-year study minimum and not received a diploma.
Is there scholarship?
The private expense foreign students honors scholarship provided by Japan Student Services Organization.
Example: ¥48000/month for fiscal 2010
* Every late April, we make an announcement seeking applicants. For more details, contact academic affairs.
Can I work part-time?
“If working part-time, notify the immigration bureau beforehand to obtain a “permit for extra-certificate activity.” Part-time work is limited to no more than 28 hours a week.
* Work during long-term breaks (summer and winter vacation) is permissible for up to 8 hours a day.
Is there a dormitory?
Living arrangements have been prepared in areas convenient for commuting to school.
They are managed 24 hours a day, which allows for thorough ability to respond to emergencies.
How should we go about looking for an apartment?
Please consult the Jikei COM International Center.
They will introduce a reliable real-estate company close to the school.

Admissions Procedures / Tuition

Methods of Application

Foreign students eligible to study at our college must have completed at least 12 years of primary and secondary education, and have satisfied one or more of the following:

  • Passed the 1st or 2nd grade of the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)
  • Have a score of 200 points or more on the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU)
  • Studied Japanese for 6 months or more in a Japanese language program approved by Japanese Ministry of Justice.
  • Received at least a year of education at a school recognized by Section 1 of the Japan School Education Act (excluding kindergartens)
  • BJT400 points and above.


Residing in Japan

AO Enrolment
Register for AO Enrollment from 1st June ※Please contact the school for further details.
Designated School Recommendation
This is a system for students whose first preference is this school, who are about to graduate from a Japanese school designated by this school.
※Please contact your school directly to find out whether it is a designated school.
Designated School
This is available to students whose only preference is this school and who sit the entrance examination.
Students with an attendance rate of 90% or higher;
Students who will bring passion and effort to their desired field of study;
Students who have been assessed as having no learning difficulties at this school with regard to Japanese ability.
※You cannot apply to colleges other than TCA,TSM,TSM shibuya,DA TOKYO and FC TOKYO if you are a preferred applicant from a Japanese language school.
This is available to students whose only preference is this school and who sit the entrance examination.
Preferential treatment system
Preferred applicants from a designated school are exempt from the ¥30,000 examination fee.

Residing Abroad

The Examination for Japanese University Admission for Internati onal Students (EJU) is used for the pre-arrival admission system.
The test is administered by the Japan Student Services Organization. Prospective international students take the EJU outside Japan and are accepted to their preferred educational institution prior to arrival in Japan based on the student’s EJU results and application documents. Once the student is accepted, COM International Center will begin procedures for acquiring a Certificate of Eligibility on behalf of the student. For more information regarding documents required for submission, entrance examinations, or other school application procedures, please contact Jikei COM International Center.
※About Transferring the University, Please Contact the JIKEI Com International Center.

Details of the enrollment process can be found here.

School explanatory meeting

School explanatory meeting for exchange students

The OCA Osaka College of Design and Information Technology is accepting applications for overseas exchange students.

  • I’m not very good at Japanese, but will I be OK?
  • What courses can I take?
  • How much is tuition?
  • Are there scholarships available?
  • What do I need to do to apply?
  • What is covered on the entrance exam?
  • Can I work in Japan?

We can answer these questions.
We can also accommodate questions from family and friends.